The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has great actors, a compelling script, some impressive special effects, and all the rest that makes a great movie, but as entertaining as it is... it really isn't a full movie. It's the first act of a three act arc, and if the next two movies fall flat, then all the work put in to this one will have been wasted. I certainly hope they don't mess up what they've set up, because it's a compelling storyline. Don't go in to see it expecting resolutions is all I'm saying!
|So... yeah, went to the bathroom at what I foolishly took to be a slow part, and when I returned... MONKEYS!|
- ... hopefully going to make the studio plenty of money so they don't do something stupid like pull the plug on the Mockingjay movies!
- ... doing just fine in the moneymaking category, as a quick check online confirms. Whew!
- ... has a bad-ass heroine in it who isn't invulnerable or superhuman or even all that particularly heroic. YET.
- ... also has some pretty cool archery scenes!
- ... feels a little too close to predicting the future now and then.
- ... was almost directed by David Cronenberg. THAT would have been incredible! I'd love to see what he can do with an enormous budget some day!